Friday, March 28, 2008

Tatts & Cats


Fabulous. Love the New Doctor. Very astute, very confident, very well regarded, very fantastic sense of humor. I have to wonder how I am getting so lucky with the doctor selections. I mean I have a billion now, and I know my husband's being on staff helps, but my odds must be thinning.

So, I'll be having the last vestiges of cancer in my chest blasted by radiation every day (Monday thru Friday) for around 5.5 weeks. I'm sure you've heard of the usual set of possible side effects. Skin irritation and scar tissue accumulation (thickening & hardening) can occur. These things, if they happen, will only change my cosmetic results. I'm not too worried now though because
a) my mother had a fantastic experience with radiation and
b) I've seen my plastic surgeon's smile. I know I'm already on a good path there.

First up in the process is a meeting next Wednesday wherein I'll have a ct scan of the area and get a few tattoos to make sure my positioning is the same every time. The contest begins to see who can come up with the best design to turn these tattoos into when I'm done. Sorry Dad. For those of you who don't know, I've got a fairly large tattoo on my back, so I'm not worried about the pain I'll endure on Wednesday. It'll be a snap. And the ct scan will be without contrast, which means no IV in my arm. Hooray for that.

I also saw Dr. L today and had a little more fluid put into my expanders, which means I've got a case of the ouches. It's not as bad as the last time, though. I have to say I'll miss visiting his office while I'm having radiation. I'll pop in on them to have Dr. L check out my skin a ways into my course. But I love his staff. Luckily, the staff at the oncology pavilion I'll be spending so much time at seem equally lovely. Better yet, I'll be able to sneak a peek at my husband during his workday.

No comments: