Monday, May 5, 2008

Too Many


Hello there. I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've not been avoiding you or any scary subjects, I promise. There's been little to report and lots of bustle. Mark's blog has the rundown on his birthday. We've also had friends in town and another friend's birthday to celebrate.

Here's the medical status:

I've got 7 more radiation treatments to go. My skin is red, I'm stiff and having trouble sleeping again. I saw Dr. W today and he's given me some good bonus lotion. Looks like there's an area that may blister before I'm through.

My mom is the rockstar of the family this week. She basically climbed a small hill with me on Friday and got to visit her horse, Clifford, for the first time since surgery #2. I think this will be a very good mother's day.

Here's the touchy-feely status:

Life can be overwhelming. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop when you get cancer. People still behave terribly in traffic, cutting you off or driving 4 miles an hour while you're just trying to get to your radiation treatment. The rent still gets raised. You still get locked out of your house at 10 p.m. when you have to pee. I know I have a lot to be grateful for, but It was a very wise friend who told me to expect to be disappointed by people at some point in this process. Then I saw this today and it helped me laugh at everything again. Sorry, Justin.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Ah, I fear that show will be the death of me someday. I don't know how. But I do think it'll happen.

It was good to see you guys this week. Won't be long now!