Monday, April 7, 2008

One Down, 54 to Go

I had my first radiation treatment today and everything went fine. The bonus Mark time was so much fun and we almost ran towards eachother outside the building. I still wonder what people think when they see us. "Did you see that doctor? Oh my goodness, he's in love. Wait, is he a person or a doctor?" And then when I arrive for my appointment with Mark in tow. "Um, did that girl bring a doctor with her?"

I need to stop worrying about what other people think of me.

Anyway the whole experience was fine. I had x-rays taken today, so it was a little longer than most of my sessions will be. To get me set up three techs were humming about, moving me slightly, moving the lazers, moving me slightly, calling out numbers like 88.7. It felt a bit like being a jet on an aircraft carrier, I imagine. Except my crew had different colored scrubs on and there was no wind. Then, everyone left the room and it's me and the machine. Me, I don't do much. The machine buzzes, clicks, and rotates around me in a semicircle. And then I'm out. Should be easy to stick to.

And I'm glad, because I'm going to be on the back burner of the family medical alert stove as my mom has hip replacement surgery on Thursday. She's been gracefully dealing with this dumb hip since last July and we're all looking forward to a healthier, happier momma. Frankly, I'll be glad to take care of someone else for a change, but since I'm tied to my radiation appointments, I'm sooo happy to hear that my aunt is coming out to help mom. MJ, you are our hero.

So I may be away from the computer a bit this week & next, sharing my time between two hospitals and then our hour-away homes. But I'll try to pop in every now and then. For now, no news is good news.

No comments: