Thursday, July 3, 2008

Summer


DSC_0056, originally uploaded by beckerjess.

I'm just up to being busy, but I thought I'd check in. I have a lot of projects in the works and the plant friends are great (though I'm not sure I'll be succumbing to any more spontaneous Henry's plant purchases.)

There is something that's been hard for me to figure out lately. Summer. It's always been my favorite season. But now that everything I'd normally be wearing right now accentuates my circus-freakishness, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to make the most of it. The last time I saw Dr. L, he asked me if I was ready for the season, citing "getting the kids into camp" as an example of readiness. Yeah. Even though I can't get kids into my womb, much less camp, I wasn't offended. He's still the one correcting my circus-freakishness. But I don't really know what it means to be ready for summer this year. I was a sweaty monster the last time I worked on the plant friends. And there will be fireworks on Friday. And I am in avocado heaven thanks to the local fruit stand. This just all feels weird without a dripping swimsuit hanging up somewhere.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I hardly think that you are anything close to something circuslike or freaky - in any way, shape, or form.
Cheers on the yummy avocados - I don't think a day goes by without ingesting at least one! Delicious this year!
Oh, and if you have the need to put on a bathing suit and enjoy tepid water, feel free to join us in our 'pool' any afternoon - swim diaper optional ;)